All gone after closing STAN? No! STAN generates customizable reports, ranging from giving a brief overview to detailed lists of metric violations. STAN reports currently may contain some or all of the following sections:
- A library dependency grap
- A metrics summary for the application
- Top ranked metric violations
- All metric violations grouped by metric
- Dependency graphs of tangles
- Chart for Robert C. Martin’s Distance (D) metric
Reports capture the structural quality of a project at a certain point of time. Periodically generating reports can help to trace quality and discover bad trends early.
STAN also provides an Ant task, thus enabling the generation of quality reports as part of the build process.